Alfred Odom was born in Brooklyn, NY. After graduating from Bernard Baruch College in 1988, he attended St. John's University School of Law. During law school, he served as an intern in the United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York. Upon graduating law
school in June of 1991, Mr. Odom worked as a Hearing Officer with the NYC Board of Education. Shortly thereafter, he joined a prominent New York City firm engaging in civil litigation.
With nearly three decades of experience, Mr. Odom has successfully represented clients in New York City in a variety of cases and has developed an extensive legal background in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and estate administration. He is always involved in litigation, including jury trials, bench trials, summary jury trials, settlement conferences, mediations, arbitrations, discovery conferences, depositions, motion conferences, and motion practice.
Previously, Mr. Odom worked as a trial attorney in a prominent Manhattan law firm, for several years. Presently, he serves as Of Counsel to a New York City law firm and as the Principal Attorney of his own private practice. The clients he has represented include the families of wrongful death victims, brain-damaged infants, people injured due to negligent surgical treatment, personal injury accident victims, individuals injured due to negligent nursing home care, and individuals involved in estate litigation.
He has represented clients before various courts in the State of New York, including, the Civil Court of the City of New York, the Surrogate's Court, the Supreme Court of the State of New York, the New York Court of Claims, and the Federal U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Odom is also a former adjunct professor at several New York City colleges, where he taught courses in civil litigation, legal research and writing, torts, trusts and estates, and other legal subjects.
- 1992, New York
- 1994, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- 1994, United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- 1997, United States Supreme Court
Law School Attended
- St. John's University School of Law, Class of 1991
- Baruch College of the City University of New York, Class of 1988
- Born in Brooklyn, New York, 1967
Hobbies & Interests
- Mr. Odom is an active member of his local church, New Beginning Church of God, East Elmhurst, New York where he serves as a minister and musician (alto saxophone player).
TAKE TIME WITH YOUR MIND: An Essay on Treasuring One of Your Most Precious Commodities
By Alfred Odom
- The National Trial Lawyers Announces Alfred Odom as One of Its Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in New York
- Recently selected for inclusion in Marquis Who's Who publication for 2021